At T4, we aim to ensure every child across the world achieves their full potential by supporting and celebrating teachers and schools. We believe in the strength of community and the network effects that come from bringing teachers and schools together.
And we have ambitious plans.
Apply for our 2022 cohort – applications now closed
We will announce our 2022 Country Ambassador cohort on social media on the 1st February.
We are looking for motivated, committed and like-minded teachers and education advocates who want to support our activities with the goal of improving the quality of education globally.
Please do not be put off applying if you feel you do not have a lot of experience. There is no ‘one-size’ Country Ambassador.
Our Country Ambassadors have different skills and experiences and in some cases, your offline networks might be more useful than your online and social media networks in your country. You know your country and local education networks better than we do, that’s why we need you – we do not want anyone left behind.
You do however need to be 18 years old or older and speak English. As an organisation, collaborating globally, we all need to be able to communicate and work with each other so please bear this in mind.
About the role
Our Country Ambassador programme will afford you the opportunity of continuous professional development along with several other benefits. In return, you are making a formal commitment to us to support our activities. You will become an extension of our team for the duration and therefore your role will involve a minimum of 50hrs of volunteering throughout the year.
Some activities will depend upon your skills, experience and language capabilities of course, but you will be asked to contribute to:
- Maintaining and modelling our community standards which includes a Country Ambassador Code
- Meetings and training with the team
- Event attendance and recruitment
- Participate in and recruit K-12 teachers for surveys and polls
- Disseminate our research
- Engage and collaborate with T4 Ambassadors and other Country Ambassadors
- Translation activities to support events, research and other
- World’s Best School Prizes outreach – we’re aiming for 5K schools to apply in the first year
- World’s Best School Prizes Review Panel – if you work for a school, your school is eligible to apply and you will only be able to review applications from schools where there is no conflict of interest
- Engaging with local press/media
- Write articles and blog posts
- Creating graphics and videos
- Facilitating public engagement events
- Social media support includes group moderation, co-hosting online chats and more!
We may also invite you to:
- Co-create and facilitate training for the T4 Ambassador community.
- Feed your ideas into the development of the T4 Ambassador and Country Ambassador Programmes.
- Other activities appropriate to your role.
To support you with your role the team will ensure you have access to guidance, in-house training, promotional ‘mission’ packs and templates. Plus, we are always only a message or email away.
All our Country Ambassadors also benefit from being active online as they grow their own professional networks and collaborate on their own projects and activities too.
Deadline to apply
We invite you to apply and also share this great opportunity with your network.
The deadline for submitting your application was 23:59 GMT Tuesday 4th January 2022.
Our 2021 Country Ambassadors
Over 70 incredible humans representing 42 countries, many of whom were already active T4 Ambassadors, have chosen to take on additional volunteering responsibilities to support our mission. Each Country Ambassador has been through a selection process and will undertake this role for the duration of 2021.
Contact information for each of our Country Ambassadors will appear on this page soon.
- Dauda Adeyoola
- Yerima Shadrach Ali
- Olalekan Sowunmi
- Sola Oloruntimehin
- Ngunan Gertrude Kwado
- Olayemi Jeremiah Adewale
- Chigozie Asogwa
- Francis Ameh
- Abdullahi Ibrahim
Country Ambassador role and benefits
Our volunteer Country Ambassador roles are by application only. The role is for 12 months in the first instance because we want to ensure more people have the opportunity to participate in this programme and you do not have to commit indefinitely. The Country Ambassador role is going to be key to our long-term activities, with serious benefits and opportunities.