World's Best School Prizes
Terms and Conditions
The World’s Best School Prizes are an initiative of BVU Ventures Ltd trading as T4 Education, and were set up with the aim of showcasing excellence in schools through a prize competition format. There are five Prizes:
World’s Best School Prize for Community Collaboration;
World’s Best School Prize for Environmental Action;
World’s Best School Prize for Innovation;
World’s Best School Prize for Overcoming Adversity;
World’s Best School Prize for Supporting Healthy Lives.
There will be one winner per Prize and a cash Prize of USD $250.000 will be equally shared among the five winners. Each Prize winner will receive a cash Prize of USD $50.000. Then five winners will be selected by our Judging Academy based on the rigorous criteria for each Prize. In addition to this, we will give a “People’s Choice Award” to one of the five winning schools that scored the highest number of votes in the Public Vote.
November 10th 2022
Launch of applications for the World’s Best School Prizes 2023
March 15th 2023
Public announcement of Top 10 Shortlists for each Prize
Public announcement of Top 3 finalists for each Prize
Launch of applications for World’s Best School Prizes 2024
To be eligible, the Candidates:
- Must be a school or learning centre that is legally registered with its respective Ministry of Education or government regulatory authority.
- Must not be prohibited from participating in the Contest under the applicable law of their country.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online via https://worldsbestschool.us.launchpad6.com/applications. T4 Education will not accept applications coming from different sources other than the official site.
- Only Teachers or Principals that currently work and operate in the school they are entering into the Prizes can register to submit an application. The Applicant needs first to complete a registration process in order to be able to start an application.
- Applicants must be aged 18+.
- Applicants must submit a complete application with the authorisation and permission of the school’s authorities and/or governing body to enter the Contest.
- Applications can be submitted in any language.
- Application to enter the Contest is free of charge. There are no purchases stipulated to participate or win.
COMMUNICATION AND DISSEMINATION
- All dissemination efforts in relation to this Contest and its development will be made through T4 Education’s communication channels and amplified by the T4 Community, sponsors, partners, and other third parties involved in the Contest.
- T4 Education may, at its discretion, ask Candidates to participate in dissemination.
- T4 Education’s main communication language will be English – for dissemination and promotion activities, as well as communications between T4 Education and the Candidates.
- T4 Education’s main source of communication with Candidates will be through email.
- An initial review will look at each school application to ensure compliance with all of the requirements. A second review will be conducted based on the judging criteria. Depending on the various factors including their cumulative score, the school may get shortlisted.
- Once a longlist has been proposed for each category, we will conduct further due diligence and we will invite those schools to an online interview to dive deeper into their expertise and gather more information to support their application. After the interviews, we will narrow down the Top 10 shortlists in each category.
- The Top 10 shortlists will be announced in June 2023.
- The Educator Committee of our Review Panel will assess the applications and the interviews and will decide the Top 3 finalists in each category, which will be announced in September 2023.
- When the Top 3 finalists are announced, we will conduct a Public Vote to find out which schools have won the hearts and minds of people around the world. This vote will not be binding on the final decision of the Judging Academy. However once the Judging Academy has selected the five Prize winners, the winning school that received the most votes in the Public Vote will be given an additional People’s Choice Award which will be announced alongside the five Prize winners in the Winning Ceremony in October. No results will be published in advance of the Ceremony.
- We will put together evaluation packages for the top 3 finalists for each category which will be sent to our Judging Academy composed of leaders from academia, educators, NGOs, social entrepreneurs, government, civil society, and the private sector. The Judging Academy will vote for the winner of each category.
- The five winners of the World’s Best School Prizes and the winner of the People’s Choice Award will be announced at the Winning Ceremony in October 2023.
Our Judging Process involves the following actors to evaluate applications:
(i) a Screening Committee that is formed by T4 Education to evaluate applications after the deadline. This Committee will narrow down a longlist, based on the judging criteria for each category. They will also consider the quality, clarity, and completeness of the applications.
(ii) the Educator Committee of the World’s Best School Prizes’ Review Panel that will determine the finalists in each category.
(iii) the Judging Academy that will select the winners.
T4 Education reserves the right to overrule the decision of the Judging Academy only in exceptional circumstances such as non-compliance with these Terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By participating in this contest (“Contest”), each school/learning institution that submits an Application form (“Candidate”) and the individuals that are submitting the form on behalf of the school (“Applicants”) accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
TERMS & CONDITIONS ON APPLICATION FOR ALL SCHOOLS
Conditions and Limitations for all Applicants and Candidates:
- To enter the Contest, Applicants must follow the guidelines and instructions and then complete the application form online and submit it accordingly.
- T4 Education is not responsible for late, lost, uncompleted, damaged or misdirected entries, nor is it for any printing or typographical errors in the applications.
- Applicants and Candidates will not be reimbursed for any costs incurred in connection with submitting the Application.
- Candidates can not edit nor request T4 Education to edit their application after they have submitted it.
- Applicants take full legal responsibility for ensuring the necessary permissions have been sought and granted in advance to enter the Candidate into the Contest. T4 Education reserves the right to request written confirmation from the school’s authorities if the Candidate is shortlisted.
- Applicants represent that they have: (i) all intellectual property rights to all of the content of their application materials and (ii) the authority to submit these materials and to grant the licence described herein.
- Applicants shall fully indemnify T4 Education for all third party claims arising directly or indirectly from breach of this representation.
- Upon submission, the Candidates grant T4 Education a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to use and modify the Application, in whole or in part, for commercial and other purposes, without any payment or other consideration, for use in any media now known or hereafter discovered, in perpetuity, to the extent legally permissible.
- By entering this Contest, each Candidate forever discharges and releases T4 Education from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind (“Claims”) arising from an in connection with the Contest. The Candidate also indemnifies T4 Education from all Claims arising from third parties in relation to the Applicant’s participation in this Contest or the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Applicant.
- Applicants agree to the use of their name and likeness in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- At T4 Education’s discretion, Candidates may be required to provide proof of compliance with any of these Terms and Conditions.
- T4 Education reserves the right to request and require additional information from Candidates in order to have their submission considered. Upon T4 Education’s request at any time, Candidates may have to
- The shortlists once announced are final. In the exceptional cases where Candidates withdraw from the Contest after the shortlists are announced, due to force majeure circumstances, they will not be removed from the shortlist, but they will not be considered for further stages of the Prize.
- The Candidate acknowledges that only the shortlisted candidates will be notified of such. T4 Education will not notify Candidates whose applications have not been considered for the shortlist.
TERMS FOR ALL SHORTLISTED SCHOOLS
In addition to the Terms and Conditions for all applicants which have been accepted, all Applicants and Candidates understand and agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions if the Candidate is shortlisted:
- The Candidate commits to collaborate where necessary to ensure the proper development of the public announcement of the shortlists as stated and requested by T4 Education.
- Interruption of communications with T4 and/or lack of response by a Candidate within the specified time frame could immediately result in the exclusion of such Candidate for the shortlist which was being considered for without prior notice. In this case or elsewhere these Terms and Conditions are breached, T4 Education reserves the right to select an alternative Candidate for the shortlist.
- The Candidate acknowledges that T4 Education has the right to publicise and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they were shortlisted, and all materials incidental thereto.
- The shortlisted Candidates agree to abide by any press embargo stipulated by T4 Education.
- T4 Education associates where necessary with press associates for media diffusion
- The Candidate acknowledges that T4 Education has the right to request visual, written, media or other types of assets to promote their inclusion in the shortlist and understands that, by providing T4 Education with these materials, they grant permission to use them publicly. All assets provided will have the necessary permissions of the people listed or pictured in them, even if these were children, for public use in digital, press, and other channels to promote the initiative and any other activities related to T4 Education. The Candidate is responsible for obtaining the permissions in advance. Upon submission of required materials, the Candidates authorise T4 Education to use them publicly and grant T4 Education a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to use and modify the materials, in whole or in part, for commercial and other purposes, without any payment or other consideration, for use in any media now known or hereafter discovered, in perpetuity, to the extent legally permissible.
- The Candidate commits to take an active part in the public announcement and dissemination of their name in the shortlist or finalist list as per the dates stated by T4 Education for these, which includes (i) availability to attend an activity or event in relation to an announcement, (ii) collaboration to bring the community together for an event or activity or any actions as requested by T4 Education, (iii) collaboration with the promotion activities on the Candidate’s channels and its community, (iv) availability to take up media interviews.
- For a period of one year after their inclusion in the shortlist, the Candidate must (i) continue to operate as a school (ii) serve as an Ambassador for T4 Education. Serving as an Ambassador shall include but not be limited to attending events, promoting activities, disseminating information, speaking to the media and other audiences, undertaking training and other commitments outside of working hours, on weekends and/or on holidays. T4 Education will pay for all international travel and accommodation expenses.
- Inclusion in the shortlist obligates the Candidate to: (i) collaborate where requested, (ii) participate in events, (iii) participate in media engagements, (iv) participate in research programmes, (v) host events to showcase their expertise when requested, (vi) fully promote T4 Education’s events to their school community to ensure maximum participation, (vii) use all media channels, including social media accounts to promote the above engagements where requested, (viii) disseminate information to their networks.
- Upon T4 Education’s request, the Candidate will have to provide examples of evidence and provide referees whom T4 Education may contact to verify the application, and may also take part in recorded interviews and other film formats to showcase their expertise. T4 Education will be responsible for the charges in relation to the film-making process except in the following cases: (i) the Candidate interrupts communications with T4 which delays the timings of the filming plans, (ii) the Candidate doesn’t fully contribute to the purpose of the film as requested by T4 Education, (iii) the Candidate requests edits over the delivery deadline that incur in extra costs. In any of these cases, the extra costs will be charged to the Candidate.
- During the period of two years, the Candidate shall not conduct themselves (by act of omission) in such a way to bring education or T4 Education into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of T4 Education).
- T4 Education reserves the right to disqualify a Candidate and remove its name from the shortlist if these Terms and Conditions are breached.
- Candidates are allowed to withdraw from the Contest even after being shortlisted, and they will be allowed to maintain their recognition, but they will no longer have access to the shared spaces with other Candidates in relation to the Contest. They cannot remove themselves from a shortlist after it has been publicly announced, but withdrawing will remove them from consideration for future stages of the Prize.
TERMS FOR WINNERS
We define ‘Winners’ as the winning schools or learning centres/institutions for each Prize category.
In addition to the Terms and Conditions for all shortlisted and finalist schools which have been accepted, the Candidates selected as winners (“winner”) agree to the following:
- The winner commits to collaborate where necessary to ensure the proper development of the Winning Ceremony and its diffusion as stated and requested by T4 Education.
- During the period of a year, the winner shall not conduct themselves (by act of omission) in such a way to bring education or T4 Education into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of T4 Education).
- The winner acknowledges that the Prize must be deployed for organisational enhancement purposes, and must not be used for any personal benefit.
- The winner must not use the Prize, neither directly nor indirectly, for (i) any purpose that may bring the education sector into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of T4 Education) (ii) any illegal activity; (iii) any political activity.
- The winner acknowledges that T4 Education has the right to publicise and broadcast the winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all materials incidental thereto.
- The Prize will be paid gross in four equal instalments over a period of a year, subject to any tax, foreign exchange and transaction costs or other withholding required under applicable law.
- The winner must promptly provide a written report which details how the Prize has been spent for any amount above US $1,000 (including full details of any beneficiaries).
- The winner must provide satisfactory evidence to T4 Education that they already have or have opened a bank account in the school’s name.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any and all taxes incurred by their participation in the contest. T4 Education will report or withhold any individual winnings in accordance with applicable law.
- In case winners are unable to accept the prize money, T4 Education reserves the right to deploy it at its sole discretion.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, T4 Education reserves the right to: (i) stop paying any and all Prize money and/or (ii) require the winner to return any Prize money already disbursed if, at any point after the award of the Prize to the winner, it is discovered that: (a) any of the Application material was false or misleading in any way, (b) the winner was not in fact eligible or (c) that any of these Terms and Conditions have otherwise been breached.
- For a period of three years after the awarding of the Prize to the winner, the winner must (i) continue to operate as a school (ii) serve as an Ambassador for T4 Education. Serving as an Ambassador shall include but not be limited to attending events, speaking to the media, undertaking training and other commitments outside of working hours, on weekends and/or on holidays. T4 Education will pay for all international travel and accommodation expenses.
- The winner will provide T4 Education with 14 days prior written notice of any public speaking engagements.
- T4 Education reserves the right to terminate the Contest without awarding the Prize if no eligible winner is found or claims the Prize within the required time.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to modification by T4 Education in its sole discretion and will be binding upon all Applicants and Candidates. Any amendment shall be notified to the Candidates by means of the publication of the new Terms on the website: worldsbestschool.org
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Each of these Terms & Conditions is subject to applicable law.
If any Term or Condition or part-Term or Condition is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, however shall not affect the rest of these Terms and Conditions, in its validity and enforceability.
This Contest and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, without regard to any conflicts of law principles. Any and all claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest or these Terms & Conditions shall be subject to non-exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
As a UK-based organisation, T4 Education processes personal data in compliance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (PECR) and the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For more information please visit https://t4.education/privacy-policy
Date of last amendment: November 2022.