World's Best School Prizes
Terms and Conditions
The World’s Best School Prizes is an initiative of BVU Ventures Ltd trading as T4 Education, and was set up with the aim of showcasing excellence in schools through a prize competition format. The winning schools will be awarded with five cash Prizes. The Prize categories are:
World’s Best School Prize for Community Collaboration;
World’s Best School Prize for Environmental Action;
World’s Best School Prize for Innovation;
World’s Best School Prize for Overcoming Adversity;
World’s Best School Prize for Supporting Healthy Lives.
There will be one winner per category and a cash Prize of US $250.000 will be equally shared among the five winners. Each category winner will receive a cash Prize of US$ 50.000.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must submit a complete application with the authorisation and permission of the school’s authorities and/or governing body to enter the Contest.
- Must be a school or learning centre that is legally registered with its respective Ministry of Education or government regulatory authority.
- Must not be prohibited from participating in the Contest under the applicable law of their country.
SHORTLISTING AND JUDGING PROCESS
- An initial review will look at each school application to ensure compliance with all of the requirements. A second review will be conducted by two separate screeners who will score the application. Depending on the various factors including their cumulative score, the school may get shortlisted.
- Once a shortlist has been proposed for each category, we will conduct further due diligence and verify the information on the application forms. We will be asking the schools for pieces of evidence and references to support their application.
- The Top 10 finalists in each category will be announced and will be required to participate in a community-building meeting showcasing their area of expertise with a two-minute presentation each.
- Depending on their presentations during the community building meeting, we will narrow down the Top 10 in each category to the Top 3. This will be done by the Educator Committee of our Review Panel.
- Our proposed Top 3 in each category will take part in a recorded interview.
- We are going to be instituting an advisory public vote instance as a way of engaging communities and harnessing social media tools to achieve the promotion of this initiative.
- We will put together evaluation packages for the top 3 nominees for each category which will be sent to our Judging Academy composed of leaders from academia, educators, NGOS, social entrepreneurs, government, civil society, and the private sector. At this point, judges will be asked to declare conflict of interests, and should they arise, they will be asked to recuse themselves of judging.
- The Judging Academy will vote for the winner of each category.
- Winners will be announced during World Education Week 2022.
Announcement of World’s Best School Prizes & launch of the application process
Announcement of Top 10 for each category
Announcement of Top 3 for each category
Public Advisory Vote
Launch of application process for second edition of the World’s Best School Prizes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By participating in this contest (“Contest”), each school/learning institution that submits an Application form (“Applicant”) accepts and agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
TERMS & CONDITIONS ON APPLICATION FOR ALL SCHOOLS
Conditions and Limitations for everyone:
- To enter the Contest, Applicants must follow the guidelines and instructions and then complete the application form accordingly.
- T4 Education is not responsible for late, lost, uncompleted, or misdirected entries.
- Applicants will not be reimbursed for any costs incurred in connection with submitting the Application.
- Applicants take full legal responsibility for ensuring the necessary permissions have been sought and granted in advance in order to enter the Contest. T4 Education might request a written confirmation from the school’s authorities if the school is shortlisted.
- Applicants represent that they have: (i) all intellectual property rights to all of the content of their application materials and (ii) the authority to submit these materials and to grant the license described herein.
- Applicants shall fully indemnify T4 Education for all third party claims arising directly or indirectly from breach of this representation.
- Upon submission, Applicants grant T4 Education a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free and worldwide license to use and modify the Application, in whole or in part, for commercial and other purposes, without any payment or other consideration, for use in any media now known or hereafter discovered, in perpetuity, to the extent legally permissible.
- By entering this Contest, each Applicant forever discharges and releases T4 Education from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind (“Claims”) arising from an in connection with the Contest. The Applicant also indemnifies T4 Education from all Claims arising from third parties in relation to Applicant’s participation in this Contest or the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Applicant.
- Applicants agree to the use of their name and likeness in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. T4 Education is not obligated to attribute an Application to the Applicant who submitted it.
- At T4 Education’s discretion, Applicants may be required to provide proof of compliance with any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Upon T4 Education’s request at any time, and in order to verify the information submitted, Applicants may have to provide proof, evidence and letters of reference to support their applications.
- T4 Education reserves the right to directly contact any of the referees provided by the Applicant to verify their application.
TERMS FOR ALL FINALISTS
In addition to the Terms and Conditions for all applicants which have been accepted:
- During the period of two years, the finalist shall not conduct themselves (by act of omission) in such a way to bring education or T4 Education into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of T4 Education).
- The finalist acknowledges that T4 Education has the right to publicise and broadcast the finalist’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they qualified, and all materials incidental thereto. T4 Education is not obligated to attribute an Application to the Applicant who submitted it.
- For a period of one year after their inclusion in the finalist community, the finalist must (i) continue to operate as a school (ii) serve as a Global Ambassador for T4 Education. Serving as a Global Ambassador shall include but not be limited to attending events, promoting activities, disseminating information, speaking to the media and other audiences, undertaking training and other commitments outside of working hours, on weekends and/or on holidays. T4 Education will pay for all international travel and accommodation expenses.
- The finalist will provide T4 Education with 14 days prior written notice of any public speaking engagements.
- Inclusion in the finalist community obligates the finalist to: (i) collaborate where requested, (ii) participate in events, (iii) participate in media engagements, (iv) participate in research programmes, (v) host events to showcase their expertise when requested, (vi) fully promote T4 Education’s events to their school community to ensure maximum participation, (vii) use all media channels, including social media accounts to promote the above engagements where requested, (viii) disseminate information to their networks.
- Upon T4 Education’s request, finalists will have to provide examples of evidence and letters of reference to support their application, and will also have to participate in recorded interviews and other film formats to showcase their expertise. T4 will be responsible for all charges related to the showcasing and promotion of the Prizes.
TERMS FOR WINNERS
We define ‘Winners’ as the winning schools or learning centres/institutions for each Prize category.
In addition to the Terms and Conditions for all finalists which have been accepted:
- The Prize will be paid gross in three equal instalments over a period of a year, subject to any tax, foreign exchange and transaction costs or other withholding required under applicable law.
- During the period of a year, the winner shall not conduct themselves (by act of omission) in such a way to bring education or T4 Education into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of T4 Education).
- The winner acknowledges that the Prize must be deployed for organisational enhancement purposes, and must not be used for any personal benefit.
- The winner must not use the Prize, neither directly nor indirectly, for (i) any purpose that may bring the education sector into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of T4 Education) (ii) any illegal activity; (iii) any political activity.
- The winner acknowledges that T4 Education has the right to publicise and broadcast the winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all materials incidental thereto. T4 Education is not obligated to attribute an Application to the Applicant who submitted it.
- The winner must promptly provide a written report which details how the Prize has been spent for any amount above US $1,000 (including full details of any beneficiaries).
- The winner must provide satisfactory evidence to T4 Education that they already have or have opened a bank account in the school’s name.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any and all taxes incurred by their participation in the contest. T4 Education will report or withhold any individual winnings in accordance with applicable law.
- In case winners are unable to accept the prize money, T4 Education reserves the right to deploy it at its sole discretion.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, T4 Education reserves the right to: (i) stop paying any and all Prize money and/or (ii) require the winner to return any Prize money already disbursed if, at any point after the award of the Prize to the winner, it is discovered that: (a) any of the Application material was false or misleading in any way, (b) the winner was not in fact eligible or (c) that any of these Terms and Conditions have otherwise been breached.
- For a period of three years after the awarding of the Prize to the winner, the winner must (i) continue to operate as a school (ii) serve as a Global Ambassador for T4 Education. Serving as a Global Ambassador shall include but not be limited to attending events, speaking to the media, undertaking training and other commitments outside of working hours, on weekends and/or on
- holidays. T4 Education will pay for all international travel and accommodation expenses.
- The winner will provide T4 Education with 14 days prior written notice of any public speaking engagements.
- T4 Education reserves the right to terminate the Contest without awarding the Prize if no eligible winner is found or claims the Prize within the required time.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to modification by T4 Education in its sole discretion and will be binding upon all Applicants. Any change or modification will be properly displayed on our website, which will apply from the date that they are uploaded.
- This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Each of these Terms & Conditions is subject to applicable law.
- If any Term or Condition or part-Term or Condition is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, however shall not affect the rest of these Terms and Conditions, in its validity and enforceability.
- This Contest and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, without regard to any conflicts of law principles. Any and all claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest or these Terms & Conditions shall be subject to non-exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
Date of last amendment: January 2022